In ebroker, in terms of information security, we have always thought that the handling and processing of data is something very serious that requires a high degree of professionalism, diligence, compliance and responsibility. It is common to perform technical tasks that have to do with the handling of data, for example migrations work or access to corridor systems for support, and therefore, since 2009 we are in possession of a Certification of the Information Security Management System (ISMS), ISO / IEC 27001, which is renewed year after year.
What is the ISO / IEC 27001?
It is an ISO standard that provides a model to establish, implement, use, monitor, review, maintain and improve an Information Security Management System (ISMS). It is based on a PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act; or Deming cycle) life cycle of continuous improvement, as well as other management system standards (ISO 9001 for quality, ISO 14001 for environment, etc.) .
We have defined our information security plan with the aim of preserving:
- Confidentiality, ensuring that only those who are authorized can access the information.
- Integrity, ensuring that the information and its methods are complete.
- Availability, ensuring that authorized users have access to information and their associated assets when required.
Scope contemplated in the context of our ISO / IEC 27001 certification by AENOR:
The information systems that support the activities related to management and hosting of application servers and databases, email and messaging services, migration and electronic data exchange in accordance with the current applicability statement.
What is the benefit of having this certification?
- Identification and evaluation of the risks that affect the business, to implement measures and processes for its control and continuous improvement.
- Effective management of information security, avoiding unnecessary investments.
- Confirmation by an expert from outside the company that the management of information security is carried out correctly.
- Confidence and transparency towards the market.
In ebroker the protection and security of information is critical, but for the broker, user of ebroker, this certification represents an endorsement that strengthens the trust and security in the treatment and confidentiality of your data.